Monday, July 9, 2012

Page Six


The hardest part of my workout is putting on my shoes. Saturday morning I spent half my time trying not to talk myself out of my run. There was a lot of, "Hey, it's your first week. Cut yourself some slack" "Your legs are tired, give it a rest" "Come on, the guys are sleeping in. You should too" but I kept fighting back. I knew I had to do it. I knew that if I didn't I would be so mad at myself and then the whole thing would go out the door. I knew I had to face you. I knew you would be looking for this, for page six, so I had to do it. So then I did it. I put on those shoes, grabbed my iphone and headed out the door. My legs were tired, so I cut myself a little bit of slack and only did two miles. But, I did two miles. And that feels good. 

Food. Oh food. Shawn surprised me with cooking breakfast. Homemade corned beef hash with eggs. I ate it. It was delicious. I did watch my portion control. One egg, small plate. Left myself wanting more. A lot more, but I was good. Lunch was a gopicnic; humus on whole seed crackers, fruit and nut trail mix, dry roasted edemame. Snacked on carrots from the garden and a couple of oranges. Dinner was a small bowl of my award winning Wild Earp Black Bean Chili and a small piece of cornbread. It was a grey rainy day and my guys requested it. How could I say no? I figure when I'm faced with the foods I love to eat, but probably shouldn't, but it's what is on hand, the one thing I can control is how much of the yummy stuff I consume. I think having my two guys around, portion control is gonna be my go to. My husband is a meat and potatoes Kansas boy and my little one is way low in percentiles and needs to eat as many calories as possible. Hard to stay on a chicken and lettuce regimen. I really don't want to cook separate meals. That's a lot of time and a lot of cash. Neither of which I have an abundance of. So here's to tiny plates and doing my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment