Monday, July 16, 2012

Page 14

Two weeks in!

This day of rest was quite pleasant. Slept in super late - all of us! Sweet! My man made a yummy brunch and then we had a nice relaxing afternoon.

I got to get a little gussied up for our evening soup and soul service at church. Tried out a new eye shadow, curled my hair, threw on a skirt and sported some heels. I felt great! It was almost like the old me. Had my sassy going on!!!

Shawn took our little bear to have some guy time, so I was free handed at church. During our little pre-service music refresher practice (still filling in for the music director. still loving it!) I was chatting with the bloke playing guitar. He told me he was celebrating his 62nd birthday. He so does not look 62!! So I said to him, "Wow! I would have never guessed 62! I thought you were closer to my age!" To which he replied, "Fifties? Forties?" (please insert the sound and image of a fully blown up balloon twisting in the air as it rapidly deflates) All confidence gone. Out the window. Bye bye.

After church we had a little ice cream social. Oh restraint, you are a coy little monkey. I had some ice cream, I did. I did not face plant myself into a tub of it and for that I am elated.

There was a bit of a duel going on. The caramel sauce threw down a gauntlet. I picked it up. We battled. Let's call it a draw. There was a time I would have whored out my mother for some caramel covered ice creamy goodness. There were many occasions I found myself licking drippings off any part of myself and my surroundings with no regard for decorum. Not today. Today I contained myself. Today I had one small spoonful on one scoop. Chin up. Chest high. Hosah.

Then we got home... then there were cookies. I had four. And some milk. (please insert the sound and image of a fully blown up balloon twisting in the air as it rapidly deflates)

No comments:

Post a Comment