Thursday, August 2, 2012

Page 32

Son of a motherless whore!!! One thing down, another pops up...

Ok, lemme splain this one too. I know some of you were probably confused about why I would be taken down for a couple of days by a bee sting. Well here's the skinny; I have a disorder called erythema multiforme. Awhatahwhoey? Erythema multiforme is a thing that causes my body, in particular my skin, to have extreme and sometimes severe reactions to certain stimuli - like sunburns, bee stings, infections, cold sores, over the counter and some prescription drugs. It's a pain in the ass.

There have been periods in my life where this was debilitating and I was unable to straighten my arms and legs for up to six weeks. There have been times when it has attacked my mucus membranes to such degrees that hospital visits were necessary. It is incredibly painful and not very pleasant to look at - which is terribly humiliating. I have to always keep this in the back of my mind and try to make sure I don't trigger it when out and about in the world. A bee sting can trigger it, which is why I was taking such intense measures to take care of it. However cautious and attentive I have been the past few days, I forgot to think about the copious amounts of Benadryl and how that might effect me. Freakin duh. It did and now I sit here with a lovely breakout on my left arm. Deep breath in. Let it out.

Good news, I got some good sweat in earlier today, even though it wasn't technically a workout. Bad news is, I had to cancel my run to try and quell the beast. My rehearsal this afternoon was in a hot room and very involved, so I was definitely glistening throughout. I did walk there and back... who am I kidding. I didn't get to work out today. It sucks. I flat out freakin sucks.

OK, so no meds tonight. Keeping calm. Focusing on positive thoughts. Cold compress and see how it is in the morning. What a week...

No comments:

Post a Comment