Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to My Goal

So, as I stated earlier, today re-began my journey to my goal (once again). I figured I ought to be serious about this, so I pulled out a scale and asked my man chicken to take a "before" picture of me.

The scale sat on the kitchen floor, taunting me, daring me to take the step. I stared it down like the beginning of a shoot out in a spaghetti western. Tumble weed rolled past. I closed my eyes, exhaled as much breath as I could, sucked in my stomach (like that would help) and placed one bare foot after the other on the scale. I forced one eye open ready to take in the horror that was awaiting me. What? Blink blink. Wait, what? I looked down hard, both eyes focusing on the little half lines and full lines and numbers, trying to make sense of it all. That can't be right. Let's try this again. This time, no exhale, no stomach sucking, just plain old stepping on the scale. Focus eyes, focus. Huh... same place on the big line between the half lines and the two numbers. Wow. Ok. I'll take that.

I stepped back off the crackity metal spring loaded gadget. My head was spinning. How can that be? I took it in with a big relieved and slightly elated breath. It was a much lower number than I feared. This felt good. My goal suddenly felt attainable. Like super attainable. Like I can do this like mad dog attainable. And not just some, I'll feel better about myself but still have some more to go before "damn she's hot" kind of goal. This would be in the "damn she's hot" goal arena! Holy poop kittens! This is fanfreakintastic!!! *singing* Ceeeellabrate good times! C'mon!!

I walked around my house all day feeling like I was doing something. Yeah! I got this! I ate a salad for lunch and liked it. I drank water like it was going out of style. The road has been paved and I am taking it!! Woohoo!!!

That is until... until my man chicken stepped on the scale and said, "hey, I think this thing is off by about 20 pounds"

bbbbbbbblllllllltttttthhhhhhzzzzzzzz - that is the sound of my ego deflating like a rogue balloon.

Think I'll go do another one minute plank.

No comments:

Post a Comment