Monday, July 8, 2013

The Big Discovery!

After a few weeks of experimenting and unexpected fun type hoo ha, I believe I may have discovered my thing. My path. My way. My groove.

It's called the 6:00 AM run. Out of bed at 5:45, in my shoes and on the pavement at 6:00.

It's kinda perfect! Actually! I've gone out, by myself, got in a good sweat, come home made the coffee and had a quiet sit for 10 minutes - all before there was even a rustle upstairs - much less a full blown "Mommy!' or "Hon, where's my shirt?"

This. Is. Spectacular. Why haven't I done this before? The sun is fresh up from it's slumber, so the heat hasn't consumed the day yet. It's pretty that time of morning. It's quiet. And it's 100% pure me time. Wow. I think I'm in love. I think I may have found "The one". The rest of my day is never on my agenda, it's always at the mercy of others. So screw that. This morning I carved out my own chunk of clock and said "this is mine". And it was glorious. And yes, this will occur again tomorrow. And the day after. And the day after that. And so on and so forth.

So I hereby decree - I own 6:00 AM!! I am the reigning queen of the six o'clock! All are banished from said time. You may awake only after the hour of six. Not before. Not during. But after. And you will be grateful, for mommy has started her day on the right foot and all shall be well. Hear ye! Hear ye! Hosah!

Now to wake the men folk and resign myself to their beck and call. Until tomorrow!! Until tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment